No individual or business wants to pay more tax then is necessary. We work alongside clients to provide practical, timely and manageable tax planning advice. The aim of which is to maximise profitability and minimise the tax burdens of individuals and businesses alike. Wherever possible, we aim to offer a degree of choice for clients in relation to their tax affairs.
Tax represents a significant cost to any business or individual and we aim to work with you in order to pro-actively manage this cost. Strategic tax planning is about our connection to you as a business or individual. We offer regular meetings to identify tax saving opportunities, well in advance of events that would otherwise result in a tax liability, whilst continually supporting you through arrangements to limit your exposure and reduce your tax liability.
The Stephenson Smart Approach To Tax Planning
We establish a close working relationship with you and have a proven track record of delivering substantial savings on our client's tax bills, in relation to one off events and as part of your annual tax compliance. Our advice is up-to-date and based on the latest changes in legislation.
Depending on your tax planning needs, we can offer advice specific to you and your needs on an individual basis in relation, but not limited to, the following events:
- Buyout of a fellow shareholder,
- Restructuring of a business, company or group of companies,
- Extracting profits or reserves out of a company,
- Transferring or selling commercial property between related parties,
- Reducing partnership taxation rates,
- Utilisation of capital gains exemptions on the sale of business and personal property,
- Incorporation of a sole trade or partnership,
- Establishment of employment related share schemes,
- Set up and administration of trusts to reduce IHT liability,
- Residency status and domicile.
Get In Touch With A Stephenson Smart Tax Adviser
If you need to speak to a tax adviser, contact us today or visit your local Stephenson Smart office. We are located in Wisbech, King's Lynn, Fakenham, March and Downham Market.