Stephenson Smart has provided accounting and advisory services to medical professionals for years and can advise on a wide range of services that add value and support your needs.
We have provided accounting services for medical professionals for many years and as a result have developed a wealth of experience in the specific accounting and taxation needs of medical professionals, and currently work with many local and regional doctors, consultants, surgeons, dentists, pharmacists, GPs and their practices, providing seamless advice and assistance in all areas of medical accounting and taxation, including:
- Income maximisation,
- Cost control,
- Budgets and cash flow forecasting,
- Partnership agreements,
- Income tax, inheritance tax and capit
We understand the pressures of running a practice or small business while complying with HMRC's sometimes onerous regulations, and can offer out-of-hours appointments at home or in the workplace if required in order to fit in with clients' workloads. Our aim is to provide a quality and efficient service, thus reducing the administration burden placed upon already-busy professionals.
Medical professionals are sometimes unaware of the multitude of tax savings available to them, with amounts of unclaimed tax rebates owed to this class of worker running into the hundreds of millions each year in the UK.
We can help by advising in areas such as:
- The reclaim of work-related expenses, including subscriptions, journals and uniforms costs,
- Class 2 NIC deferment,
- Reductions in payments of Class 4 NICs,
- Accounting for and tax treatment of medical-legal work,
- 'Choose and book' earnings exclusion,
- Assisting with reduction in subscriptions and other costs relating to prior year's income,
- General administration assistance and help in dealing with the complications of concurrent employment and self-employment.
If you want to discuss your accounting needs, get in touch with our expert team today. Whether you need medical or dental accountants, we're here to help from our offices in King's Lynn, Downham Market, Fakenham, March and Wisbech.