The principles of diversity play an integral part in our recruitment and retention of trainees, accountants and support staff and in the promotion of talented individuals within our practice.
- We aim to encourage, value and manage diversity and are committed to equality for our entire staff and seek to attain a workforce that is representative of the communities from which it is drawn.
- These principles of equality and diversity also apply to the manner in which we treat clients, our business partners, visitors and any other third parties we have dealings with.
To ensure that our policies on equal opportunities and diversity are effective, all staff are asked to complete, on an anonymised basis, an annual Diversity Questionnaire.
Our diversity statistics are available on request, however a summary of the results is shown below:
1) Professional Qualification
ICAEW Chartered Accountant 36.7%; Other Chartered Accountant 28.6%; Other accountant 16.2%; Direct support staff 12.2%; Prefer not to say 6.3%.
2) Position within firm
Partner 12.2%; Manager 26.5%; Qualified 4.1%; Training 30.6%; Direct Support Staff 12.2%; Other 8.1%; Prefer not to say 6.3%.
Under 35 years 46.9%; 35 to 44 years 20.5%; 45 to 54 years 10.4%; Over 54 years 14.3%; Prefer not to say 7.9%.
Male 49%; Female 51%.
5) First in family to attend university
Yes 26.5%; No 12.2%; Did not attend university 61.3%.
6) School attended between ages of 11 to 18
UK state school 95%; UK independent or fee paying school 2.5%; Prefer not to say 2.5%.