We are looking to recruit an audit manager to be based at our King’s Lynn office.
Stephenson Smart (East Anglia) Ltd are a well-established firm of accountants, based in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire; with offices in King’s Lynn, Great Yarmouth, Acle, Fakenham, Wisbech, March and Downham Market. We have more than 100 dedicated staff spread across the organisation.
Our teams include highly qualified individuals who provide a helpful, professional, honest and caring service to our clients, to help them navigate their business and personal finances.
The relationship that our teams have with their clients and communities is integral to the reputation and success of the firm. Enthusiasm, determination and a strong work ethic are major attributes that we look for when introducing someone new into our team.
The principles of equality and diversity play an integral part in our recruitment and retention of trainees, accountants and support staff, and in the promotion of talented individuals at Stephenson Smart.
The successful candidate will lead the firm’s audit area in their delivery of an exceptional audit and assurance service. You will be responsible for overseeing the audit process, delivering management reports and recommendations to clients, and maintaining technical standards. Additionally, you will mentor the junior members of the team, it will be your responsibility to brief staff on any ongoing business and help develop staff members, whilst ensuring work is completed to strict deadlines. The successful candidate will help to lead.
- Delegating workflow, reviewing work, and providing coaching to manage and develop junior members of the audit staff to help them reach their full potential
- Reporting audit findings
- Ensuring the team’s audit documentation meets the highest standards, reviewing financial statements to ensure they comply with relevant regulations
- Managing audit engagements, demonstrating a commercial approach and effective use of resources
- Building and maintaining strong client relationships
Skills & Experience
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Audit experience in a management capacity within an accountancy firm
- Strong IT skills with experience using IRIS preferrable
- People management experience
- Proven experience in client handling
- A strong work ethic with commitment to delivering an excellent service
- An innate drive to ensure the value and integrity of the business is always upheld
- An ability to work to deadlines
- Competitive salary plus additional benefits subject to experience
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Salary sacrifice available for pension contributions
- Life Assurance (death in service)
- Sick Pay after qualifying period
- Employee Benefits Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Free car parking
- Length of service recognition
- Company social events paid for or subsidised by the firm
How to apply for these roles:
If you are interested in applying for this post please send your CV and accompanying letter to email@example.com