Probate and Estate Services
Taking the pressure off families at difficult times.
Upon the death of someone an executor is appointed to deal with the estate of the deceased in accordance with their wishes. The role of the executor can be an onerous one, taking on a number of responsibilities. It can be easier for the family, at this stressful time, to appoint a professional to assist and provide peace of mind by reducing the administrative burden on them.
Stephenson Smart was one of the first accountancy practices in East Anglia to be licensed to provide probate services by our regulator ICAEW.
This means that we can now provide enhanced support to our clients by assisting them with the administration of estates, dealing with the application for Grant of Representation and all aspects of Inheritance tax, without the need to involve a third party.
Whether you need clarification of probate law, assisted probate services, help or advice, our team of specialists can offer a friendly consultation to establish your needs and how best to move forward with the process.
Why choose Stephenson Smart for your probate services?
- Local, confidential and friendly service with offices in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire
- Application for Grant of Representation or Letters of Administration
- Dealing with the tax position and preparing the tax returns for the period of administration
- Determining the assets and liabilities of the estate and preparing estate accounts accordingly
- Calculating the Inheritance tax liability and explaining any payment instalment options which may be available
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs on behalf of the estate, including agreeing liabilities
- We would consider the tax efficiency of the will or intestacy position and advise accordingly if deeds of variation, etc. could be used to improve the estate's exposure to inheritance tax.
Tax regulations surrounding probate, inheritance and estates is complex and time consuming to deal with. Our team will be able to help you in calculating the inheritance tax liability and explaining any payment instalment options that may be available.
Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs on behalf of the estate, determining the assets and liabilities of the estate and preparing estate accounts accordingly is something that many of our clients request for our team to help them with. We have the capacity to help an executor from start to finish with all probate and estate services, home or abroad, small or large, our team provide you with assistance needed to carry out the last wishes of a friend or family member.
Contact our accredited member Claire Melton FCCA TEP who can assist with further advice.