At Stephenson Smart we have a wide expertise in supporting and advising manufacturing business of all sizes.
As experts in the manufacturing sector, we advise a diverse range of business throughout the UK. Notwithstanding the challenges of the past five years, these businesses continue to grow and develop, and are exploiting new opportunities. They are pursuing strategies of increased profitability through product and process innovation, operational efficiencies, and the development of overseas markets.
Our manufacturing sector experience covers businesses of all types across the sector, but we have particular expertise in advising businesses in the following areas:
- High tech manufacturing and assembly,
- Power transmission engineering,
- Chemical engineering.
What Can We Help You With?
The assistance which we provide to these businesses include:
- Preparation of financial statements, and where necessary, the performance of a statutory audit.
- Assistance with Corporation Tax and tax planning, including International Tax and R & D. As businesses continue to develop their Intellectual Property, it is important to optimise the tax outcomes through the full use of government incentives such as R&D tax credits and the patent box.
- Advising on corporate structures and group tax arrangements, including international aspects of group tax planning and the taxation implications of companies joining or leaving a group.
- Advising on accounting, operating, and IT systems. We can review the operation and effectiveness of systems in place at a business and make recommendations as to improvement which may be made and/or new procedures or IT components which may be introduced in order to bring about improved efficiency/productivity.
- Preparation of management accounts and cash flow forecasts to assist business planning and investment.
- Advising on future business strategy and acquisitions, including due diligence where required.
- Advising on VAT matters, including international trading implications.
- Advising on risk management and other governance issues.
- Providing outsourced services such as payroll maintenance, including advising on Auto Enrolment.
- Advising on succession planning, including Capital Tax and Inheritance Tax issues arising therefrom.
- Providing advice on pensions management, and the recognition and accounting for pension liabilities.
At Stephenson Smart, we understand the importance of reliable, accurate manufacturing accounting so why not call our friendly team to arrange a free consultation to discuss your requirements. Alternatively, make an appointment with one of our offices in King's Lynn, Downham Market, Fakenham, March or Wisbech and come and speak to us face to face.